8 Benefits of Baking Soda For Hair, Skin and Body
Baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate), is a natural crystalline substance.
It is an alkaline substance with tons of antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-septic properties that help combat everything from head to toe.
It is best to use it in short periods as excessive use can damage your hair and skin, using it in moderate amounts will provide you with numerous health benefits. Benefits of Baking Soda For Hair, Skin and Body
This natural ingredient continues to prove as a useful natural remedy to get glowing and flawless skin and healthy hair, Lets Check we have listed some of the most beneficial and most famous baking soda benefits for your body, hair and skin,
1.Baking Soda to Heal Acne.
Baking soda has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help reduce the acne breakouts and symptoms and balances the skin’s pH levels.
1.Take 1 tbsp of baking soda and mix some water to make a thick paste.
2.apply it on the acne and pimples and let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes or till the paste have dried off completely. Then rinse with water.
3.Repeat this process 2 times a week
2.Baking Soda Removes dandruff
Dandruff can be very difficult to remove, especially during the cold winter. Baking Soda eliminates dandruff . It removes the dead skin cells and improves and balances the pH levels of the scalp.
1.Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda with freshly squeezed lemon juice on wet hair and scalp.
2.Let it stay for 2 minutes , then rinse it off with water.
3.Repeat the process one time a week.
3. Baking Soda Brightens Yellow Teeth
Baking soda is one of the best teeth whiteners it removes yellow strains from your teeth and plaque as well neutralizes acids produced by bacteria and also making your teeth shiny bright.
1.Put some baking soda on your brush and brush for 2 minutes daily.
Do this once a day, few times a week.
2. Take 4 tbsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp. of baking soda , 3 tbsp. of extra
virgin coconut oil. Mix all this 3 ingredients together to form a home made toothpaste
3. Use this homemade toothpaste once a day for few days and remove plaque from teeth
Using to much baking soda can damage the natural protective enamel of your teeth.
4.Baking soda Treats body odor
Baking powder cam be used as a natural body odor control. As it works as a natural deodorant and it helps in controlling excess sweating and get rid of body odor.
1. Mix baking soda with water and apply direcly on the armpits and wash it off after 10 minutes.
2. Even You can some few drops of essential oil.
5.Treats oily and smelly hair
You can find many chemical shampoos which can treat oily hair instantly.
but Prolonged use of this products, gel and chemical laden shampoos blocks the hair follicles and the scalp which often cause itching, scalp irritation and dandruff. Baking powder helps in cleaning the hair. Those Baking soda eliminates oiliness and balances the pH levels of the scalp.
1.Mix 1 part of baking soda with 3 parts of water and apply the mixture on damp hair, wait for 5 minutes, then rinse your hair.
2. Repeat this procedure 2 times every month.
3.You can also add a tablespoon of baking soda to your shampoo bottle and wash your hair with it 2 times a week.
6.Treats nail fungus
When fungi start growing under the nails resulting in crusty, thick, distorted and discolored nails. It is very uncomfortable and unpleasant condition that makes your nails look ugly and diseased. But when you have baking soda at home it prevents the growth of fungi and helps nails recover from the infection.
1.Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
2. Soak your fingernails and toenails in the mixture for around 5 minutes,
and once you’re done, pat dry your nails.
3.Do this procedure 2 times every day.
7.Baking Soda for Blackheads Removal
Blackheads are typically black or white and occur when skin pores become clogged with dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. People of all skin types suffer from blackheads, but are most common with oily skin.
1. Mix a teaspoon of baking soda with some apple cider vinegar to form a thick paste.
2. Apply this paste in the form of a thick layer on the nose and leave it for 20 minutes. Now, wash face with lukewarm water and dry with a clean towel.
3. Repeat this remedy 2 to 3 times every week to get rid of blackheads completely.
8. Baking soda for cracked heels
1.Add Baking Soda to the warm water and stir until it dissolves and add a few drops of lavender
2. Soak your feet in for 15-20 minutes. Then, take a scrub brush, rub the cracked
area on your feet.
3. Apply some coconut oil or Vaseline on your feet. Put your socks on to seal the moisture in.
4. Do the treatment once or twice a week, and once the condition of your feet improves,
you can do it twice a month throughout the whole summer.